Number 1 - Writing a blog

A birthday gift that reminds me everyday to embrace my year of 35 @samalala

A few months ago I turned 35, and yes I know what you’re all thinking...she doesn't look a day over 25! Haha. 

It was the first time I thought to myself, I wish I was still 25. How the last 10 years, an entire decade, has seemed to have flown by. While I’ve been so lucky to have achieved so much over the last few years, I also realised that I may not be at the stage in my life that I’d have once imagined. And yes the thought of this sent me into a mini meltdown...as there’s so many things I’ve wanted to do and for one reason or another I’ve put them off.


Either it wasn’t the right timing, I didn’t have the courage, something else was more important, or that I’d wait until I was able to share those experiences with someone. And while many of these reasons are still true, I’ve decided to just get on with it, stop worrying, stop overthinking and if there’s an opportunity to do one of those things, to just say ‘YES’, and if there isn’t, well then I’d promise myself to find a way to create the opportunities to do them and make it happen.

I spoke about this with Sam one day. We’ve been friends for 3 years now and one of the things I love about Sam is her infectious positive energy and creativity...and whilst she was trying to convince me to join her in climbing a mountain haha, she had an idea! 


'OMG! I’ve just thought of something. You should do the year of 35!
35 things you've never done before. They could be big or they could be small, and you should write a blog about it.


The babe that is Sam and I at my Great Gatsby themed 35th birthday party
And so I made my list of 35 things straightway and unsurprisingly it didn't take me all too long,  and here I am...with Number 1 - I’m writing a blog. I’ve procrastinated on this one for months. Thinking, Who would even be interested in my experiences or what I’d have to write about? There’s so many other bloggers out there who’ve been blogging for years and who’ve made a career out of it, I’m no expert. But the Cambridge definition of a blog is:


‘A record of your thoughts, opinions or experiences that you put on the web for other people to read’

Everyone says you need a blog to be different, have a specific style or angle, well mine is based around me. What makes mine unique is that these are my experiences and my thoughts. And so for the next 35 weeks until now and my 36th birthday, I’ll be sharing each of my 35 new experiences with you. Places I’ve wanted to visit, things I’ve wanted to do, going on adventures, learning and developing, doing things that challenge me, scare me and are out of my comfort zone, and ultimately what makes me feel grateful and happy.  Things I’ve always wanted to, but never done before. 

Let the journey to adventures and achievements begin x

Instagram @35at35


Comments

Popular Posts