Number 8 - Dine at the tallest building in Europe



3 years ago this week I made the decision to move from the midlands and start a new life in London. I’ll be honest, when I moved at first I wasn’t sure I’d made the right decision, but soon enough being able to meet new people, and explore new places, it soon began to feel like home.


I was lucky enough that my first Flat, although a tiny studio, in south London, had an amazing view of the London skyline which served as a reminder of the amazing city I was lucky to be living in each time may have had a doubt about my decision. Of which the Shard, stood strong and tall above all the rest in amongst all the chaos that surrounds.



The view from the window of my first little studio flat in South London

I’ve travelled to cities across the world and visited the top of many towers from the Eiffel Tower in Paris, to the top of the Empire State in New York and I’ve even sipped cocktails at the top of the tallest building in the world in Dubai - the Burj Khalifa. 


So why not add one more to the list....The Shard which is right here on my doorstep in London Town. 




This March marks a month of celebrations for me and my family, my parents both celebrate their birthdays (of which Mums is a special one!) and I’ve finally reached a personal career highlight too. So what better way to celebrate with my two most favourite people in the world, than to dine in the sky at the Aqua Shard. 




Nestled on the 32nd floor of 95, is an oasis of calm, where you can escape away from the hustle and bustle of the city and marvel at it from above, whilst sipping peach Bellinis and dining on gourmet cuisine. 







This time around we didn’t make it all the way to the top, but in the words of Tony Hawk...


You might not make it to be top but if you are doing what you love, there is much more happiness there than being rich or famous.’






Comments

Popular Posts