Number 9 - Ride a gondola in Venizia



I spent this weekend in the beautiful city of Venice. Until now NYC and Paris were my favourite cities, but Venice, your. Truly stolen my heart!


The history, the culture the architecture the food, what’s not to love!


Most of all I was enchanted by the iconic gondolas, and by the skill of the gondoliers! How they balance and steer the boats of a true art. 




The boats are all truly spectacular made of wood and finished with a shiny black coat of varnish, with gold detailing and embroidered seats. 




You see tourists from around the world lining the streets of Venice waiting to experience a ride. So like everyone else! I did the same. You can get a gondola ride all over Venice but I chose to take mine from the Grand canal with views of the Santa Maria della Salute, my most favourite building in Venice. 


We rode along the grand canal through the smaller canals of Venice under small bridges and round some sharp corners. Safe to say I made it back nice and dry! 




If you’re ever in Venice, you must experience this! 

Comments

Popular Posts