Number 15 - Do yoga in the sky



This year I vowed to be consciously committed to pay more attention to staying healthy and put time aside to focus on my personal wellbeing and wellness. Whether it be getting my weekly rush of feel good endorphins by shaking my booty at a Zumba class to the sounds of Latin vibes, going for a relaxing swim to feeling the stretch and strength of every muscle in my body at Pilates.


I’m lucky to have a gym right on the doorstep of my flat, its a constant reminder that I really have no excuse not to keep fit and healthy. So last weekend I traded in my usual gym and instead opted for a more scenic view and attended a sunrise yoga class in the sky. 





Nestled on level 36 of the walkie talkie building in London city is the Sky Garden. An oasis of calm and splendour, surrounded by foliage, plants, exotic palm trees and floor to ceiling 360 views of the amazing city and sights of London. 




Up early for the 8am session, the class was relaxing and calm, followed by a healthy mixed berry smoothie and blueberry muffin, it was the perfect way to start a Saturday morning. 





As I left the class, and the sky garden started to fill up with the tourists visiting the attraction, I realised, how lucky am I!? To to wake up on a Saturday morning and be able to experience something like I just have. Trading in my usual sweaty gym studio for a class with breathtaking views overlooking the world of one of the most vibrant cities in the world. 

Comments

Popular Posts