Number 16 - Achieve a career highlight



So far I’ve shared many of the great experiences I’ve embraced this year. But 35 at 35 is also about achievements. 


Last month I reached a personal career achievement of my own and stepped into a new role that has been firmly set on my career path for quite some time. 


For the last few years I’ve worked hard on focusing on my career and have set goals that I was determined to achieve. It’s hasn’t been plain sailing and I had set backs and hurdles along the way, which led to a constant battle of doubt, but that was all part of the journey of learning and growing too, all of which was setting me up to the right path. 


And it’s so true what they say, you have to stay determined and if you really want something, to stay focussed, work hard and you’ll get there. 


Throughout my career I’ve had a clear path of where I saw it going and I wanted to stay true to that, not just taking any or the first opportunity that may have come my way, but to acknowledge those opportunities for what they were. I’ve worked hard to become the master in my field in junior and executive positions which I truly believe helps to build your credibility with your peers and wider colleagues.


But I couldn’t have done it without the most amazing support network around me, always there to remind me whenever I had any doubt that ‘you got this’. Knowing they were willing me to do well and wanting me to win was the best source of motivation I could have asked for. And seeing the pride in their smiles when I shared my achievement made it truly worthwhile. It was like I had my own little cheer squad and fans right by my side! 


The last month has been an exciting new challenge. I’m loving learning, growing and sharing my knowledge and expertise and I’m excited by what each new challenge will bring both for me personally and for my new team. 


If you have a career goal, don’t ever give up or think it won’t happen. With hard work, focused determination and perseverance you can and you will achieve. 

Comments

Popular Posts