Number - 17 Visit the city of Bath



Travelling around the world and experiencing new cultures sights and countries has become so much more convenient these days. And the proliferation of inspirational travel posts across social media makes far away destinations ever more appealing. 


But whilst I was travelling around Italy earlier this year, I met so many people that when I told them I was from the UK were like ‘omg what an amazing country’, and would be quick to reel of a list of cities and places that they’d either loved to visit or have done, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Dublin, Lake District and Bath. This made me realise that despite having lived my whole life in the U.K. I haven’t visited any of those amazing cities. 


My cousin moved to Bath 12 years ago when he began working as a scientist at Bath University to research cures for cancer, and has been bugging me to go visit him for years.


So end of May Bank holiday weekend that’s just what I did. The historical spa town of Bath is just so beautiful. The history, architecture, culture and people makes it feel like you’re not in the UK at all! 


Here’s my top highlights 


Things to see

Bath Abbey - the interior is so grand with its high and intricate ceilings. We got the guided tour which included the walk up the abbey tower, with a tour of the bell room, and clock! With amazing views over the city this is a definite must.










Roman Spa

No trip to Bath is complete without a visit to the ancient Roman Spa. 





Royal Crescent and The Circus

Just an instagrammers dream with pretty houses shaped in a crescent






Eat and Drink

Sally Lunns Bunns - the oldest house in Bath served traditional Bath bunns with all the toppings you can imagine, sweet and savoury







Pintxo de Bath - amazing Spanish tapas 



The Raven pub - has the best pie and mash




The Gin Bar - every kind of gin you can imagine! Great cocktails









Comments

Popular Posts