Number 26 - Zip line over London



If anyone had asked me 10 years ago if I was the type of person who would be into adrenaline sports I would have said absolutely not!


But over the last year I’ve decided to just give it a go! It started with scuba diving in Thailand followed by Skydiving in Dubai and now I just love it. 


So this summer when I saw that there was a zip lining experience in London I had to just give it a go!


I couldn’t seem to persuade any of my friends to join me, so one evening after spending a full and busy day in the office, what better way than to let off some steam then by flying through the air on a zip line!


I arrived and checked in, got weighed, kitted up, and briefed. I met Justin who was there on his own too and it was great to meet other like minded people who love the experience of adrenaline sports.



The journey began 35 metres (yes 35!!!) above the ground in Archbishop’s Park in London. I got strapped in, and stepped out onto the three small steps to hold onto the zip line bars above, after which they released me from the gates and I was set free experiencing a moment of free-falling along the 225 metre zip wire at a speed of 30mph, all while taking in views of the London Eye and the Palace of Westminster 





There’s something exhilarating about the motion of feeling you’re entire body ‘flying’ through the air, wind in your hair high above the ground looking down, just being and feeling ‘free’. 





In life I’m quite a cautious person, always considering all options and potential outcomes to ensure I make informed decisions, but sometimes you just have to take the risk, jump into the unknown and you might just experience and feel something amazing. 

Comments

Popular Posts